What is a KVM switch?
A KVM switch (with KVM being an abbreviation for “keyboard, video, and mouse”) is a hardware device that allows a user to control multiple computers from one or more() sets of keyboards, video monitors, and mice.
This feature improves productivity, saves space, and money by allowing you to use multiple computers.
The benefits of using a KVM switch:
Usually if you need to control multiple PCs or servers then you need to purchase several sets of keyboard, mice, and monitors. Perhaps your desk is big enough for 2 or even 4 computers, each with its own monitor, keyboard, and mouse. But what if you need to control 6 computers, or 8, or even tens of computers?
Thus, the key benefits of employing a KVM switch are:
- Multiple computer / server control: Users can have quick, easy access to 2, or even much more, PCs or servers from their keyboard, monitor, and mouse setup.
- Reducing clutter: Cutting down on the number of keyboards, monitors, and mice needed frees up desk space.
- Cost saving: Not needing to invest in extra computer equipment helps save you money.
- Space saving: Keep your desk clear, and save much-needed rack space in a server room.
How to use the KVM switch feature on KTC gaming monitors？
- First，insert the power cable and DP cable，and connect the monitor to the computer with the USB uplink cable (you need to buy it yourself). So that the monitor’s USB port can be transferred with the computer data.
- And then, connect the keyboard and mouse with the monitor. The keyboard and mouse can operate the computer.
- Next, take out the type-c cable, access to the monitor interface. Then plug into your prepared phone, IPAD or laptop，etc.
- Press the KVM key, you can switch the monitor screen to the phone screen. And you can use the keyboard and mouse to operate the phone
If you need to cut back to the computer display screen, just press the KVM button again
The above content is how to use the KVM functionYou can also use the KVM function through a desktop + a laptop, just plug in a type-c cable, you can cast the screen to the monitor and use the original keyboard and mouse to operate, you can also put mobile games on the monitor to achieve large screen control. If the phone supports opening desktop mode, you can directly use the keyboard and mouse to operate after connection, and edit the phone’s documents, etc.